Friday, March 1, 2013

The Times Between


While I do not feel the heaviness of all that is adulthood recently, I wanted to share this little diddy I wrote anyway. To show that there are ebbs and flows. To show that the Lord is faithful to restore joy and peace and take away our burdens. Hebrews was right, There is hope that is the anchor for our soul. And joy does come in the morning. 
So, don't lose yourself in the moments of hopelessness.
Take captive your thoughts.
And lay it at His feet.
I can honestly say that right now, although no requirement of life for me has changed-my attitude and heart have. 
I will not be a person of negativity.
I will control what I think about. It will be what's pure and noble and praiseworty.
I will be a light. Not a miserable, doom-n-gloomer.
But only when I hide in His presence.
Stay in His word.
And talk to the one who is fully God and fully man.
The man who understands what it means to be in battle daily.
And I will be trained. And I will learn. And I will grow. And I will love.
        
 The Times Between
Meg Passarell
These times I cherish,
When lightning in my brain stops striking, electricity firing.
When the day's demands let me rest for a moment or two.
Working out.
Hands up, hands down. Abs clenched. Arms as heavy iron.
Acid built up, soreness creeps in.
But thoughts? None.
The few moments before the fog of sleep engulfs me,
Into my sheets and into another world.
But thoughts? None.
We are robots recharging.
These are the times I cherish.


So let me rest for a moment in between moments.
Let the oil stay unchanged.
The peppers molded.
Let the hair keep itself in the drain.
The crumb in the corner.
Let the shampoo and tofu scream out they are at the ends of themselves.
Let the wrinkles be happy they have made their home in fabric on my (unswept) floor.
While I breathe in and out...
And lift my legs to Ellen Barrett.


So let your worries be laid at His feet.
Because there is only this moment.
And moments have no mercy,
they are fleeting.
I want to be present for all of them. Fully. And with power.

(Ellen Barret is a Pilates video instructor) :O)

xoxo,
mp    

No comments:

Post a Comment