Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Unseen

It's funny how ideas are, in a lot of ways they're just like seeds. Both of them start real, real small and then. . . woop, zoop, sloop . . . before you can say Jack Robinson they've gone and grown a lot bigger than you ever thought they could. (from Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis)

This goes for the lies and the truth.
Tonight I had one of those nights where the lies got louder and louder until I was saying them out loud to a friend on the telephone. All I needed was a little truth to be spoken and POOF! That cloud of negativity and despair was lifted and I could see clearly.
It's like when you're in a race and you're getting tired and you think you can't go one step further-you start telling yourself you're gonna stop...and then someone cheers for you and throws you some water. That's what happened tonight.
And the exciting part?
The lies were stopped a lot sooner than they ever have been before.
Nothing is different, just my perspective.

The problem with lies (besides the obvious) are that they seem to be right there in front of you, tangible almost. Something about you as a person or about your situation seems so real you could almost touch it.

The problem with truth is that many times it hasn't yet materialized. It's there. It's always been there. But it's not always easy to see.

Hebrews 11:1 says, "now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see".  
Isn't that convenient to a people who need to touch it. To see it. At least, it would certainly be helpful.

1 Timothy 1:19 says, "CONTINUE to have faith and do what you know is right, some people have rejected this, and their faith has been shipwrecked."

Sometimes that means you need to continue to plow on when it stops getting easy.
When it's hard to see in front of you.
Sometimes that means you need to ignore your feelings.
When everything else in you in screaming to give in to doubt and listen to lies.
Sometimes that means you need to grab on to what you cannot grab on to.
Because He is faithful to complete it.

I have this hope as an anchor for my soul.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes what helps me out is when I hear a lie, I try to the best of my ability to stop it as fast as I can and replace it with truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very wise. It can be tricky because 1-You have to train yourself to be conscious of your inner dialogue 2-You have to know truth so you have material to replace it with. You're so right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today- Having a rather BAD day finding out so many things going wrong and that I may be denied unemployment..Although I feel an overwhelming amount of sadness.. I feel like I need to stay focused and that all that fear is the Devil and that I must stay focused because what does worrying do?? It just pulls u father away from God(Truth). I place my life in Gods hands knowing that whatever he brings will be absolutely wonderful and beautiful and realize that all these horrible things arn't really so bad even if they seem like the end of the world because those things have made me realize what a great person I am and how much I have grown through God and No one or any horrible thing can take that away

    ReplyDelete