Monday, July 18, 2011

Truth to Fight With. Truth to Lean On.


A long time ago, I made up a booklet full of "truth cards". I wanted to share them with you all on here. Lies can be a funny thing. They can make you act in strange ways, think strange things, and ultimately set you off your course. Some of these biblical truths are fighting scriptures and some are leaning scriptures. That is to say, sometimes it's time to fight with truth...and sometimes it's time to just lean on truth.
The following scriptures and verses are my most used/weathered/favorite verses from the truth cards:

1 Corinthians  15:58 "So my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and steady, always enthusiastic about the Lord's work, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless."
-----
2 Corinthians 10:4 "The weapons we fight with are not weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds"
-----
Psalm 84:11 "For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless"
-----
1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to us all. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it"
-----
Mathew 6:33 "He will give you all you need from day to day if you live for Him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern"
-----
Deut 14:2 "You have been set apart as Holy but the Lord your God and He has chosen you out of all the nations of the earth to be His own special treasure"
-----
James 1:24 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trails of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything"
-----
James 1:16 "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows"
-----
James 4:7-8 "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and He will come near to you"
-----
Romans 8:38-29 "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present not the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord"
-----
Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations"
-----
Psalm 37:7 "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes"
-----
Psalm 37:3-5 "Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him, and He will do this"
-----
Psalm 34:15 "The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their cry"
-----
Psalm 34:22 "The Lord redeems His servants; no one will be condemned who takes refuge in Him"
-----
Hosea 11:3-4 "It was I who taught Ephraim to walk, taking them by the arms; but they did not realize it was I who healed them"
-----
Jeremiah 33:6 "Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security"
-----
Psalm 18:16-19 "He reached down from on high and took hold of me, He drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy who were too strong for me...but the Lord was my support. He brought me into a spacious place, He rescued me because He DELIGHTED IN ME"
-----
Psalm 121:5-8 "The Lord watches over you-the Lord is your shade at your right hand. The sun will not harm you by day nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all harm-He will watch over your life"
-----
Isaiah 54:10 "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord who has compassion on you"
-----
Isaiah 43: 18-19 "Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland"
-----

Hope you can fight with,
Or lean on,
Some of these...

xoxo,
mp

No comments:

Post a Comment