Thursday, January 17, 2013

One Thing

I was made to gaze all of my days
I was made to gaze on beauty
My beloved is Beautiful.
He's dazzingly and excellent.
He stands alone.
One thing have I desired of the Lord
That one thing I seek...
to know You.
-Cory Asbury, "My Beloved"
International House of Prayer

Jesus,
You are the one thing I seek.
The one thing that satisfies.
The one thing that quenches my thirst.
The one hope that anchors my soul.
The one thing that never fails me.
To one thing that never leaves me.
The one thing that can be trusted.
The One who does what He says.
The One who heals.
The One who strengthens.
The One who enlightens.
The one thing that can deliver.

I want to know You.
To be delivered from deception.
And fantasy.
And know truth.
And walk in reality.
I want to be prepared.
I want to be whole.
I want to be healed.
I want to be cleansed.
I want to serve.
I want to give.
I want to be consecrated to You.
I want to become the dream of Your heart.

Draw the line in the sand, my weak feet will step over towards you.
"…it had opened her eyes to the fact that right down in the depths of her own heart she really had but one passionate desire, not for the things which the Shepherd had promised, but for Himself. All she wanted was to be allowed to follow Him forever.
Other desires might clamor strongly and fiercely nearer the surface of her nature, but she knew now that down in the core of her own being she was so shaped that nothing could fit, fill, or satisfy her heart but He Himself. “Nothing else really matters,” she said to herself, “only to love Him and to do what He tells me. I don’t know quite why it should be so, but it is. All the time it is suffering to love and sorrow to love, but it is lovely to love Him in spite of this, and if I should cease to do so, I should cease to exist.”
-Hinds Feet on High Places, Hannah Hurnard

No comments:

Post a Comment