Saturday, January 12, 2013

Rainbows

Like the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud on the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness all around. Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell on my face, and I heard the voice of one speaking"
Ezekiel felt in 1:28 "
William and I were driving to my house yesterday and ahead of us, with luminosity and commanding attention a rainbow was shooting down from parted clouds to the ground. I immediate felt God say, 

"This is a reminder of Daddy's promises to you"
And it stunned me, it humbled me, and it was comical.  Not only because immediately in my head I heard the line from a song "Hold On" by an early 90's group, Wilson Phillips, that goes:

♫"I know that there is change but you hold on for one more day.
And you break free from the chains.
Don't you know, things will change, things will go your way,
If you hold on for one more day."
(He definitely has no partiality for the things He uses sometimes to speak to us, ha!)
And I was reminded of what the Word of God says about rainbows. In Genesis 9:12-13 it says, "And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. "

As I'm sitting down this morning/afternoon to spend time with Jesus, I'm listening to the IHOP Prayer Room. If you haven't spend time in there listening to live streaming of worship 24/7, I recommend you do. There is such anointing in spontaneous worship and reading of the word. It has sparked fire in me, led to fetal position crying, and been used by God to speak truth. I am currently being called to examine my heart and the areas I did not let Him touch before. This year is going to be about learning spiritual warfare. While listening to the prayer room, I heard them singing this song. It stopped me mid-sentence in writing:
♫ I must train like an athlete, growing a little stronger each day. I must be diligent like a farmer, knowing I’ll see the fruit one day. I must fight like a soldier, lest I become a casualty. For every day, I am fighting here…on the battlefield of this age ♫
♪God, help me to be sober-minded, vigilant and self-controlled. For my enemy is like a lion, seeking whom he may destroy. So I open up my mouth and speak it helping myself to believe  that I have the power to defeat him, as I am seated now with Christ ♪

Lord, reveal the little things. That in months even years may trip me up.
I am in a war, so give me divine strategy.
Help me as your athlete. Lord teach me. Train me. Reveal things in my life that need to change.
Even the little things I do or don't.
I know you wouldn't put me in a race unless I could win. And the only way I can win is with your help.
I know I am in a war everyday. BUT LORD You are great. So much greater than I.
So much stronger than I.
I am strong with the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
Strengthened with the might by the Holy Spirit.

I've seen it in my life so many times. I invite you in.
Reveal the patterns in my life that I do not see. That will trip me up in the days to come.
I want to fight the good fight. I want to finish the race. I want to keep the faith. 
The wind will beat on my house and it will not fall.
It will be founded on the Rock that is higher than I.

I want to build upon the rock.
There is a way that seems right to a man but it leads to death.
I don't want to be a foolish man building my house upon the sand.
When the winds come it will be washed away.  
Because the way to life is straight & narrow & few follow.
Lord, Your words pull me out tenderly.
I don't want to just hear Your Word. I want to do Your will.

I will not be moved. Though the storm may rage around me.
Build my house upon the rock of Jesus.
Once more, you will shake everything that can be shaken.
Shake off everything until I stand with only what will last.
Crumble around me all the things I hold in idolatry and the things that deceive me as security.
Even if I'm left with only a concrete foundation.
Make what's left Your unshakeable Kingdom.

♫ I say yes. I make the choice again.
Over and over. It's not just one time I say it.
One foot in front of the other I will do Your will.
Step by step.
Day by day.
Choice by choice.
Yes by Yes.
The Lord is ravished with one yes of my heart.
So, Jesus, even if this asks everything of me...
I will remember Your promises.
And I'll hold on.


xoxo,
mp

No comments:

Post a Comment