Saturday, March 26, 2011

Fight February, Grab a Kite.

 
"I told the townsfolk that the war against February was as necessary as the air we breathed. If we refused to fight back, the cold and gray would settle like a cold and endless blanket of rocks."-Light Boxes by Shane Jones (Page36)

 This is a quote from one of my favorite novels of all time, Light Boxes. It's about a village that is taken over by a man named February. There is so much imagery and so many symbols! I just love it! February wants it to be eternally cold and dark just like the month. He takes away flight, yes FLIGHT. All things that can fly; kites, hot air balloons, birds, etc.

I read this when I was fighting both my own personal February as well as the respective month. I fought for flight. I fought for the things that gave me life.
 
But now, as we are ending March--and entering into my 'break, rest, rejoice time--, I can rejoice that the fight was fought, that it was won, and that now is the time to enjoy all things of flight!

Have you fought February?
Enjoy it, grab a kite!
mp


No comments:

Post a Comment