Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Rest.

Hosea 2:14 depicts this past year of mine perfectly, "I am now going to allure her;I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her".

 And that's just what He did; He lead me, spoke to me, and tenderly brought me closer to Him. 
 But who the heck wants to go hang out in a desert?!
I guess I did.
God saw that I was willing to let Him go to the deepest, hidden and hurt parts of me...even if it was painful, costly, and uncomfortable (which it was). This was a time of letting God totally open me up, speak to me about things I have never wanted to deal with or feel, and trusting that when the waves of emotions crash over me I will be able to stand.
I can tell you that there has been tremendous pain, times of crying on the floor, mountains I thought I couldn't climb, lonely nights, and doubts but in the end (and every time) He came through. I knew then that He was prying my fingers off the ledge that I was so desperately hanging unto. It was terrifying. And now, I am looking back on this past year totally amazed at the victory that has happened.
 
Wait, let me explain one thing.
Victory was never my word.
You know, everyone has a word or words. Some people's words are dedication or ambition. Maybe some people's words are humble or driven.
My words have never been associated with victory, joy, triumph, rest and dancing (which is what God is calling me into right now).
My words have always been:
trial.
testing.
fire.
refining.
Ah yes, a bit more comfortable there. 

There's another scripture about deserts in Jeremiah 31:2. It says, "The people who survive the sword will find favor in the desert; I will come to give rest to Israel". I've always loved it. And I know why now; my season is changing.
Like everything, there are seasons. Seasons to fight, seasons to push, seasons to listen, seasons to talk, and seasons to rejoice in what has been accomplished and rest. 

 My new season is entitled: Rest.

Rest?! But I just started gaining ground, having victory, getting in the groove! It seems counter-productive after all. But God is very clearly whispering to me:
"Good job Meg, my beloved. I am proud of you. I have seen your heart, I have seen you fall and know that every time you get back up and wipe your smeared mascara off. But now...it's time to rest. It's time to rejoice in how far you've come (We've come) and take a break.

God wants me to "take a break".
I hear it so clearly.

And you know, it makes sense. When I'm teaching even an hour long class my students need a break in between. I'd like to just go right through, I've tried. I used to think I could get more done. The truth is, if I sacrifice those 3 minutes for a break, they all come back with much more energy and enthusiasm. If I try to keep pushing through, I'll lose them.

I don't know how long this season will last but if I've learned one thing this year it's that He is never a moment late. So, I'm not going to worry about it, I'm going to rest and rejoice. Because sooner or later this season will be over, and I will have had to recover, gain my strength, and be ready to battle round 2.

So, here's to rest. 
Here's to a little break from the fight.
Here's to a God who is a Father.
And let's get our dance on and enjoy it before round 2 starts!

 You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Instead of the thorn bush will grow the pine tree, and instead of briers the myrtle will grow. Isaiah 55:12

xoxo,
mp
 

No comments:

Post a Comment